Skip to content

Picador to reissue slew of Hunter S. Thompson works.

April 27, 2010

Just came across these on Amazon.co.uk – What do you think?

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. April 27, 2010 4:33 pm

The mixing of the cover pictures is kind of weird. Songs of the Doomed has the cover picture from Kingdom of Doom…. not sure if the Good Doctor would approve…

2. Kevin permalink
    April 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Yeah I’m not happy with the look of them at all. Kinda ugly.

3. April 27, 2010 10:28 pm

It seems like a relatively cheap option as these are all stock photos and easy pictorial transformations but the subject matter is beyond reproach. I might get all these as my ‘education copies’ for my friends! They must be educated!

4. DrBOP permalink
    April 28, 2010 12:47 am

JESUS…..the SCUMSUCKERS can’t leave well enough alone…..what are they going for here?….some kinda weird RAINBOW EFFECT on the bookshelf….I can just hear junior graphics pushing “THE OPTICS. baby, think of THE OPTICS!” to his soul-less corporate OVERLORD…..we are ALL doomed!!!!

5. April 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah I wouldn’t be too fond of these reissues but if it means that they end up in the hands of some new readers thanks to The Rum Diary storm of publicity (when it hits) then I suppose there is a silver lining to every money making exercise.

6. Doug permalink
    May 9, 2010 3:59 pm

Ugh. What horrible treatment of the images and poor typography. You can’t even read the titles of the books! The Good Doctor deserves better.